Call for Applications
Deadline to apply: Nov. 30, 2022
Download position description.
The Wisconsin Medical Journal is seeking candidates to serve as Deputy Editor. The WMJ is an indexed, peer-reviewed journal published since 1903 that is owned and operated through a collaboration between the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH).
The Deputy Editor will report to the WMJ Editor in Chief and assists in guiding the WMJ to consistent high quality and fulfillment of its mission: to provide an opportunity to publish original research, case reports, review articles and essays about current medical and public health issues.
This volunteer position averages 2 to 4 hours per week and requires a three-year term, with the potential for renewal.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a faculty member at MCW or UW-Madison with MD, DO or clinically oriented PhD
- Have a record of successful previous publications in peer-reviewed journal(s)
- Possess a broad medical vantage point
- Have extensive knowledge of research methods
- Possess excellent writing and editing skills
Previous experience as an editor or associate editor is strongly preferred, as is prior editorial board experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit the following by Nov. 30, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Deputy Editor Search”:
- A current curriculum vitae
- A one-page letter summarizing why you are interested in and qualified for the role
- A current conflict of interest form (download here)